[Resolved] Widget typography issue

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Widget typography issue

Home Forums Support Widget typography issue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Vladimir

Hi,

I was trying to adjust the font-size in the widget area. I went to Typography-> Widgets and set the size to 14px. However, although this is reflected in the editor view, the change is not reflected after saving on the page itself. There are a few lines of CSS code that I find a bit strange as they seem to be in a way for same thing.

I know that I can shrink the font size with the following code:
    .inside-right-sidebar .widget {font-size:14px !important;}

But I still wonder why it does not work through the Customizer.

Here is my website: http://www.skmbrussels.be

Thank in advance for a reaction!

Best regards,

Vladimir

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

If it’s working in the customizer preview but not in live site then it’s likely a caching issue.

Can you try clear WP Super Cache?

Vladimir

Hi Leo,

I tried deleting the cache, but no help. In fact, when I leave Customizer after saving the changes and then come back, the font size for widget content is saved (e.g. in my case 14 px), but the front-end of the website shows the regular 17px font size. I think it has to do something with the fact that I am using a child theme. When I switch to the orignal theme, things seem to be working fine. I used Childify Me plugin to create the child theme.

Have you noticed issues with child themes? I mean, I can live together with the original theme as I only plan to make some CSS changes which I can put directly in the Customizer – but still, over time I might need to do some other changes and then it would be useful to use the child theme.

Thanks!

Vladimir

Vladimir

Hi,

the child theme was an issue. I followed a link you provided in a different post and I managed to solve the issue. Many thanks!

Vladimir

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.