[Support request] Widget Title

Home Forums Support [Support request] Widget Title

Home Forums Support Widget Title

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Sonja

Hello,

I want to insert some footer widgets, but I cannot see any possibility to set a widget title. Do I miss something?

Sonja

Okay, I think I understand, that this is no more possible, because they are Blocks now.
    But on my new Site, the distance from the title to the text is not the same in every widget

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

yeah, with Block editor in widgets you have to group a Heading Block and the widget you want to add – see here:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/grouping-widgets/

Sonja

Hmm, the first two widgets, I have grouped. But the third is a Navigation Widget (Legacy) and there is not only the Heading to big, but also the space between Heading and Text. How can I handle this widget, so that it looks like the other.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ah ok. Instead of editing the size of your Headings:

1. Select those 2 headings and in Advanced > Additional CSS class(es) add: widgettitle

2. Then in Customizer > Typography you can style the Widget Titles.

Sonja

But the first 2 widget titles are okay. It is only the third, that is too big.
    And also in Customizer, the widget title is greyd out, so i can not select it.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Sonja,

In Appearance > Customize > Typography, can you check if there’s already a rule for the widget titles? If so, replace that instead. Try changing it to 18px.

Sonja

Hi Fernando,

yes, there is a widget title rule. It is set to 18 px. But does not change the size of the third widget title.

Fernando
    Customer Support

I see.

Can you provide temporary admin access to your site? I’ll have a closer look at the potential cause of the issue.

Please use the Private Information field for this: https://docs.generatepress.com/?s=private+information

Sonja

Ok, here it is. It is also noteable, that the change of settings from the widget title in customizer has no effekt on the titles.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Thanks!

Try setting a new rule in the Typography Manager. Set the target to custom – h2.widgettitle. Then, set your preferred font settings.

Sonja

Hi Fernando,

thanks, that works.

Before this was never a problem and now you have to be a developer to change the size of a widget title? Is WordPRes going in the wrong direction here?

Fernando
    Customer Support

Well, Blocks now have settings in their setting to alter the font size.

Moreover, you’re using a different Block which is why the ones your setting in the Typography aren’t working.

If you try to place just a simple H2, the font followed should be the one in the Typography.

Lastly, for the widget title option to work in the typography manager, you should be using a Widget Group block, which your aren’t currently.

You can either add just an H2 or use a Widget group block if you want modifying through the customizer work more seamlessly for the widgets.

Sonja

The first two widgets are a widget group. The last one not, because it was not possible, because it is a legacy widget.

Fernando
    Customer Support

I see. Can you try adding a H2 Heading or Headline Block before that Legacy widget?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.