[Resolved] Widget Logic and Restrict Widgets doesnt support GP?

Home Forums Support Widget Logic and Restrict Widgets doesnt support GP?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    smeko

Hello Tom!

Im using the theme GP and im trying to hide some widget’s on specific pages but it doesnt work.
    The plugins i have tried is Widget logic, Restrict Widgets and it doesnt show anything.

In picture 1 and 2 i want differents widgets.

Picture (1) i want only “Woocommerce Produkter”
    Picture (2) i only want “Senaste Inläggen” and “Arkiv” widget’s.

I hope this is enough information.

Regard’s / Smeko

Regard's, Smeko

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Widget Logic can be a little iffy as you have to get the conditional perfect.

Have you tried this plugin?: https://wordpress.org/plugins/display-widgets/

There’s also one included with Jetpack (Widget Visibility) if you’re already using Jetpack for something else 🙂

Smeko

Hej Tom.

I have tried Jetpack and it doesnt work. Do you know what it can be? I have tried to read on there support page and they are telling that the theme can cause the problem

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, I’m using the Widget Visibility module in Jetpack on this site without any issues, and have used the Display Widgets plugin with no issues as well.

Plugins typically like to blame the theme, as some themes are coded quite poorly.

Have you also tried using the Display Widgets plugin? No luck?

Smeko

I tested Display Widgets and the extra widget options doesnt show upp. Tried Jetpack Widget Visibility Extended and it doesnt work either.

What can the problem be? Im running localhost and woocommerce catalog. My reading settings is this.

Setting’s

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The Widget Visibility module might have to be disabled for Display Widgets to work.

I’m not quite sure what’s going on with your installation, as I’ve confirmed all three plugins are working without any issues on GP.

Try to deactivate everything except for Display Widgets and let me know how it works 🙂

Smeko

Hello Tom!

I have tried Widget Logic and the news page is working, the commands im using is “is_home(‘NYHETER’)” and is working on the static blogg page. Now the problem is the woocommerce is showing on the NEWS page i want it disabled and im using same commando for it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, the is_home() function doesn’t accept any parameters, so I’m not sure why that’s working: https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/is_home

The Display Widgets plugin is 100x better as you don’t have to fiddle with weird conditionals like that – the plugin does it all for you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.