[Resolved] Widget / hooks in main navigation/header

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Widget / hooks in main navigation/header

Home Forums Support Widget / hooks in main navigation/header

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Juan Manuel

Hi guys,

I’m quitting elementor in order to use just GP and GenerateBlocks. However, I’m struggling with the header design a little bit.

My website has a request quote functionality. The plugin has an element that works very similar to a shopping cart, showing an icon and a list of elements on hover. Can be shown with a widget, shortcode or PHP code.

What I want to achieve is having this “quote cart” (miniquote) placed in my primary nav, just as the shopping cart and the search feature are shown.

I have tried using a widget in the header widget area, but it doesn’t work because item is just flying around, and hidden on mobile (on a different note, I’d love some documentation on how to fix/rearrange these widgets if possible, I’d like to use all that white space)

Using GP Element> hook > “generate_inside_navigation” is very close to what I want to achieve, but I want to have it AFTER the menu elements, not before.

Could you help me, please?? Thanks a lot.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

For hook visual guide, you can check this out:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-visual-guide/

I think this is the hook that fits better to what you’re trying to do:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_menu_bar_items/

Juan Manuel

Hi, that was exactly what I need, thank you!!

I have added some styling and everything looks great. The only thing is it doesn’t have the same effect on hover (red background white icon+text) and I can’t seem to achieve that, but it works anyway so.

Thanks a lot, as always!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

I have added some styling and everything looks great. The only thing is it doesn’t have the same effect on hover (red background white icon+text) and I can’t seem to achieve that, but it works anyway so.

You can add in the same effect by adding CSS. No problem. Glad you got it sorted.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.