Cyber Week Sale! Get $20 off GP Premium, $40 off our new Lifetime license, and 45% off license renewals/extensions! Learn more

[Resolved] Why search engines are reading 3 menus on my site?

Home Forums Support Why search engines are reading 3 menus on my site?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Josu

Hi, i made my website using GP premium.
    I created it with only one menu on the header. But when i check on how search engines see my site, i see that they are reading the menu 3 times (2 at the begining, and 1 at the end of the page). Here is the link:

Why are the search engines reading extra menus which doesnt exist? Its also happening in the rest of the pages like
    How can i fix it? Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. Your main navigation
    2. Your mobile header
    3. Your slide-out menu

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

Josu

Hi, thanks for the quick answer!

I understand from where the menus are appearing, but there are other pages which also have mobile menus, and the search engines are not reading it on the main page.

Is there something i can do to have only one menu when google sees my page?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Google will see how many menus are on the page, whether they’re visible or not. Google reads the HTML of the page, so there’s no way to hide those elements.

Josu

Hi Tom, thanks a lot for your answer. Everything is clear. I deleted the lateral menu on moblilephones and now search engines detect only 2 menus, the header and the sticky navigation. Ive got a couple of lasts questions:

-why google see the sticky menu as a different menu and doubles the amount of links? the sticky menu is the same as the header menu. Is there some way that i can have the sticky menu but search engines wont detect all links duplicatred?

– In case i leave the sticky menu for usability. Will afect my seo to have 2 menus with all links duplicated by 2.

Thanks a lot for your patience, and i apologize if some question is not related to GP.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you’re using the latest GP Premium, the sticky menu isn’t duplicated.

Either way, it won’t hurt SEO at all to have duplicated menu links on your page.

Josu

yes im using gp premium, but the menu that appears when i scroll down the page on destktop is being readed as a duplicared menu for search engines. Should i turn off something on settings?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No – I really wouldn’t worry about it. It won’t make any difference 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.