[Support request] Why my posts meta description changed?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Why my posts meta description changed?

Home Forums Support Why my posts meta description changed?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Arbaz

Hello sir i want to know why my posts meta description changed in Serp after changing theme its showing some Random texts from Post.
    Im using fixed description in every posts through YOAST SEO SETTINGS. In my older theme meta is exact what i use in YOAST.
    Is this is the cause of my ranking suddenly dropped after changing theme? its almost 5K per day organic searches dropped.

WHAT IS THIS?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The theme itself does not handle this and should not interfere with this – I would assume you will see the same issue when activating a Twenty series WP theme to test.

Can you make sure all your caching is cleared after switching the theme?

Let me know 🙂

Arbaz

yeah I already cleared all the cache of my website through rocket and cdn.

But can you tell me why my rankings are dropped after chaining theme its almost 5k organic per day searches dropped. I’m worried should I switch to back to my old theme VOICE, can you plz analyses my website that what’s going wrong with my website my organic traffic is going down day by day after changing in Generatepress its been 10 days switching to Generatepress traffic is going day by day. Please Help Me.. .

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

In your source, I’m seeing this as your description: https://www.screencast.com/t/EokWPJgO

That’s coming from Yoast.

In Google, here’s what I’m seeing: https://www.screencast.com/t/UqP7Ndjkq80

Seems to match?

GeneratePress itself has zero functionality when it comes to your meta descriptions/keywords – those are plugin-territory options that a theme shouldn’t touch.

I don’t know what your last theme was doing, but it shouldn’t have been doing anything SEO-related.

When it comes to your organic traffic – GeneratePress (or any theme) won’t have a huge effect on this. Your content is the #1 factor when it comes to SEO, not your theme. The only thing a theme can do is ensure that your site is loading as fast as possible (from the theme end of things).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.