[Support request] Why is my site making this weird redirect?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Why is my site making this weird redirect?

Home Forums Support Why is my site making this weird redirect?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Emil

When I write my sites name in the broswer, it redirects (I guess) to “sitename.com”/?fbclid=IwAR3IfSOInFkI8FU7lNTBBuHboj5Jneug7oXdX9IwKD3Od-FaOGjdXuinISA instead of just “sitename.com”.

I can’t understand why this is and if it affects my Google rankings or something.

Do you know why this is showing?

It’s only when I type the name to the browser, not when I’m clicking an internal link on the site. And if I just delete all those numbers and letters, it works as normal anyway.

/Emil

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that long ?string is a Facebook Tracking ID – i assume at some point you have clicked on of your site links from a Facebook page, and the browser has remembered that URL. Also check if you have any FB browser extensions that may be adding that string

Emil

I have tried in different browsers and cleared the cache, but it still shows up.

I don’t even have a Facebook page or anything like that. Can someone else have done anything to my site or what does this tracking ID do?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can someone else have done anything to my site or what does this tracking ID do?

There is really no way for us to know.

You could try disabling all plugins to test if any of them is adding something weird.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.