[Resolved] Why is my main content block so tiny?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Why is my main content block so tiny?

Home Forums Support Why is my main content block so tiny?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pamela

I’m setting up a site using my usual GP Premium/Brizy combination and for the first time used the Split demo site.

As usual, I selected GP for the page template (because I like the way GP handles the header/footer) in the Brizy page editor. However, I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get my main content block (which is currently the obnoxious purple) to be a reasonable width. I’ve made it an obnoxious purple at the full width allowed.

I have the container in Layout temporarily set to maximum, one container, no content padding. I don’t see anything special in the custom CSS that Split added that could be doing it.

How can I make the main content be wider? I’m not sure whether the problem is FlexBlocks or that Split does something differently than my usual Aspire does.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

You have this CSS within your Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

.no-sidebar .inside-article > *,
    .no-sidebar #comments,
    .no-sidebar .nav-links {
    	max-width: 700px;
    	margin-left: auto;
    	margin-right: auto;
    }

This particular CSS prevents the article content container to exceed more then 700px.

To address this, You can increase the value of the max-width property so it allows wider content area.

Pamela

I read carefully through the custom css and simply did not connect this problem with that line of code.

Thank you!!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.