[Support request] Why is my footer stacking the links? It makes my footer huge.

Home Forums Support [Support request] Why is my footer stacking the links? It makes my footer huge.

Home Forums Support Why is my footer stacking the links? It makes my footer huge.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Trina

I’ve read “answers” in this forum and have tried copying the CSS codes provided, but nothing changes the footer to a thinner height or unstacks the links. Stacking the links makes the footer take up almost 1/3 of the page!

I’m almost in tears, as I just switched to GP Premium last night, and my site is now ugly until I can fix this. =(

Trina

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can use the private information field.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Trina

Thank you for such a quick response on a holiday. I wasn’t expecting one so quickly. I have included my web address below. =) As you can see, I’ve only just begun and still need to customize my main page.

Trina

Also, I see the toggle arrows to bring the footer down to eliminate that unnecessary space underneath of the footer, but no toggle arrows are working to bring the height down. I better stop playing with it or I’m going to drive you crazy. I’m done touching it, sorry. =|

Trina

And crickets. Ugh…if there wasn’t time to help me, then maybe just ignoring me would have been better. Maybe I’ll switch to Divi and lose the $44 I just spend with GP Premium. Lesson learned.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Trina,

We are here to help but please do allow us enough time to respond – it is indeed a holiday here so we are trying our best.

As for the links stacking in the footer bar widget area, instead of using a Pages widget, trying using a Navigation Menu widget instead like this:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/footer-bar-widget-area/#adding-a-footer-menu

Let me know if this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.