[Resolved] Why is jQuery loaded?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Why is jQuery loaded?

Home Forums Support Why is jQuery loaded?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Gabriel

Jquery is loaded by my site. Not a huge issue. Just trying to understand where the dependency is coming from. I searched this forum and found that enabling sticky navigation in the customizer will add jQuery. However, if I disable it, jQuery is still loaded. If I disable the GP Premium plugin jQuery is removed. Caching plugin is disabled in the site in private information.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That sounds strange – anything added in Elements?

If not, can you disable each module and try to identify where the problem is coming from?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/installing-gp-premium/

Haven’t had other reports on this.

Gabriel

Disabling the Menu Plus module removes jQuery. It also seems that the sticky navigation setting (Customize > Layout > Header Sticky) does not work. Even if I set it to off, the top navigation is still sticky.

With that said, I want the sticky navigation. It just seems odd.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Sticky Nav uses jQuery.
    Its the only function in GP that does require it.

If you want sticky nav and no jQuery then we can look at a CSS method. Let me know.

Gabriel

But why is jQuery loaded even if I disable sticky navigation? It is removed if I disable the GP Premium plugin or the Menu Plus module.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do you have the Sticky set on Mobile Header in Customizer > Layout > Header ?

Gabriel

Tried disabling Mobile Header but it makes no difference. The slide in menu is still shown on mobile screen size. Seems that the settings on that page are permanently on regardless of what I set in Customizer.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Where can i see this ?

Gabriel

See private information.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I:

1. Cusotmizer > Layout > Sticky Navigation – and disabled that.
    2. Customuzer > Layout > Header, enabled the Mobile Header, so i could see the Sticky option, and i disabled that.

Now i no longer see jQuery being loaded.

Gabriel

Did not realize that the sticky navigation setting was in two places. Thanks for pointing that out.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.