[Support request] Why can't I change font size in my header?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Why can't I change font size in my header?

Home Forums Support Why can't I change font size in my header?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Joyce

Don’t have one….sorry

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

What are you using? You can download Google Chrome or Firefox for free?

Joyce

I’m using chrome … I think I’ll come back to this … don’t really want to go through all that right now … but when I have time, I’ll try downloading firefox……thanks!!!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok sounds good. Couple tests will likely help us find the issue:
    – Test a different browser
    – Disable all non-GP premium plugins.

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Also make you are using the most recent version: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/updating-gp-premium/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It definitely works in Chrome.

As Leo said, make sure you’re using the latest version of the theme and GP Premium.

If that doesn’t work, check to see if the error is caused by any of the plugins you have activated.

Jeff

I’m having this problem right now (1.5 years later) and just downloaded latest everything. Except it’s not my header I’m trying to work with it’s Heading 1 which is in the body of the page. I used the template with surfing pictures to get started. Don’t remember name. I changed the Home Hero Element to my own picture – no problem. Changed the H1 text, again no problem. Changed the H1 position, no problem. Changing the font type, no problem. Changing the font size – can’t do it.

Jeff

My website is phoenixvacationrentals.com The sliders in customizing/typography/headings do not work.

Jeff

I think one of my biggest hangups at this point is understanding where GeneratePress begins and WordPress Editor ends. I wish it were explained somewhere. This is the third F’n time I’ve built my website so I’m a little bit on a short fuse. First time was Yahoo something – total joke as everything Yahoo is. Second time was Thrive Architect. Another joke except the joke was on me cuz I was past 30 days before I realized they suck. They add so much weight – even worse than Yahoo which I previously thought wasn’t possible.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that Site uses a little CSS to change the H1 in the hero… go to Customizer > Additional CSS and look for this:

/* home page title styling */
    h1.hero {
        font-size: 44px;
        padding-bottom: 15px;
        font-weight: 700;
    }

You can remove that entirely so it just uses the customizer or edit it to suit.

Jeff

Thanks for the direction David. My frustration got the better of me last night. I thought of the CSS but didn’t look in the right place.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problems. We need to do some documentation for some of these sites to make it a bit clearer that CSS is at play. We don’t want people getting frustrated so thanks for the feedback.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.