[Resolved] Whitespace & font-typeface.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Whitespace & font-typeface.

Home Forums Support Whitespace & font-typeface.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    locate-australian

Thank you & the buttons I am referring to are on the homepage (add to cart, footer buttons: privacy policy, etc.).

Fernando
    Customer Support

From my end they’re all Century Gothic already. See: https://share.getcloudapp.com/xQuwXkwk

When using a different browser, or a different device, are they also not appearing as century gothic? Can you also try in incognito?

locate-australian

Hi Fernando,

Thank you for the screenshot, it’s the same view as what I am seeing on my iPhone but not my Windows laptop; if you take a closer look, the button text is different from the text in the neighbouring product menu.

I have included a link to a screenshot from my Windows laptop below (private information section), which has the correct typeface button text & the product menu text nearby.

Kind regards,

L.A.

Fernando
    Customer Support

I see. On a different device, does the issue exist? Also try on a different network?

How exactly are you adding Century Gothic? Can you take a screenshot where you’re setting it?

locate-australian

Hi Fernando,

I don’t really have another, 3rd device to check if the issue exists. I used Google Chrome & Safari browsers on my iPhone -the issue still exists.

I used Google Chrome & Microsoft Edge browsers & the issue does not exist – the typeface appears as Century Gothic for content & button text.

I am adding Century Gothic using the Google Fonts plugin & this is why:
    I added Century Gothic using WordPress > Customize settings using a Generate Press child theme but the text does not show as Century Gothic, so I installed the Google Fonts plugin & have now selected Century Gothic for all text options.

My apologies, CloudApp was not opening so I needed to find an alternative – Loom. I have placed links in the Private Information section & labelled them accordingly.

Kind regards,

L.A.

Fernando
    Customer Support

I don’t think the font is being enqueued properly. Can you add it through the Typography Manager?: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/dynamic-typography-overview/

You can also host it locally to assure that it comes from your server: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-local-fonts/ Doing this is generally better for site performance as well.

locate-australian

Hi Fernando,

Thank you for your email & insight.

I 1st tried to add the Century Gothic font locally as you suggested but the font tool does not provide a Century Gothic font file. I also searched for alternatives but there was no font files available using the tool.

I have just switched our child theme to the new Dynamic Typography system & all of the font-typeface settings appear to have copied over, but when using the ‘Typography Manager’ > ‘Other’ module I am not able to configure the ‘buttons’ even though the option exists. Do you know what could be preventing selecting the buttons option?

Kind regards,

L.A.

Fernando
    Customer Support

How is it being enqueued though? If the device that views your site doesn’t have Century Gothic, then the font wont be the font that will be used.

Are you referring to Other > Custom? You’ll need to place the correct CSS selector for that to work. Also, it has to take precedence over other CSS selectors selecting the buttons as well.

locate-australian

Hi Fernando,

I’m not sure how the font is being enqueued sorry.

The majority of the font appears as Century Gothic on Apple iPhones, except for the buttons so I assume the devices do have Century Gothic files, etc.

And no sorry, I was referring to Customize > Typography > Typography Manager, which allows you to add font to other elements for which I can see ‘Buttons’ listed but the text is in grey & not able to be selected. Do you know why this would be the case & how to fix it?

Kind regards,

L.A.

Fernando
    Customer Support

I see. I don’t think it’s being enqueued. I’m not seeing it enqueued from my end. Because of this, only devices with such a font installed locally will have that font appear in your site.

You’ll have to enqueue it for all devices to have that font. Otherwise, it will use a backup system font if Century Gothic isn’t available.

To host it locally, you’ll need to get a copy of that font and follow the steps here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-local-fonts/

With regards to the buttons in the typography manager, it will be unusable if it’s already used. Check if you already used “buttons” in the typography manager.

locate-australian

Hi Fernando,

Thank you for your email.

I followed the instructions for adding font locally (I chose & added a similar font, as Century Gothic wasn’t listed as an option. I thought the process was a successf but the font view on my iPhone has not changed.

I purged the site before checking & then cleared the Safari cache in the settings (Settings > Safari > Clear…website data). Could the file data take a while to propagate, like it does when changing hosts?

Thank you for your advice regarding the Typography Manager. I just checked & ‘Buttons’ has been used & set as Century Gothic.

I welcome any other advice you may have.

Kind regards,

L.A.

Fernando
    Customer Support

What font did you add? Have you modified your font settings to chose this new font you added?

locate-australian

Hi Fernando.

I added ‘Questrial’ & thank you for asking, no I had not modified the font settings with the new font but I have just made the adjustment now, but it only applies to buttons if the Google Fonts toggle is switched on, which I assume means that the font has not been installed locally?

Prior to switching the Google Fonts toggle on the Desktop version buttons were only showing in the default text.

Kind regards,

L.A.

locate-australian

P.S. I just checked my iPhone & the buttons are now also displaying the ‘Questrial’ font with Google Fonts switched on.

Optimally I would like the fonts to be locally installed now, as I read an article that another users GTMetrix score was affected by Google Fonts, so it would be amazing if you could recommend a way to make that happen 🙂

Kind regards,

L.A.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Yes, that would be good for performance. You may also host Google Fonts locally. The same steps would apply as directed here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-local-fonts/

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.