[Resolved] White space on the right side of blog posts (mobile only)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] White space on the right side of blog posts (mobile only)

Home Forums Support White space on the right side of blog posts (mobile only)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Robert

I am noticing that on mobile devices there is a strange white column on the right side of the screen. I don’t see this when I shrink my browser window, but it is very much present on my phone. Any idea how this can be resolved?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can disable all plugins except GP Premium and GenerateBlocks to eliminate conflicts from other plugins first?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Robert

Okay I just tried disabling all plugins except GP Premium and GenerateBlocks. This did not fix the problem.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Robert,

I’m still seeing quite some plugins are activated other than GP premium and GB.

Can you keep the other plugins deactivated so we can have a look at the code?

Robert

Okay all plugins are disabled except GP Premium and GB. I still see the white space. Please let me know as soon as you are able to take a look.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

The cause of the horizontal scroll is from the search widget of WP, try to add this CSS:

.widget .wp-block-search .wp-block-search__label {
        width: 1px;
    }

Just being curious, are you using Gutenburg plugin?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Robert

That fixed it thanks. I don’t have a plugin called gutenburg installed. Is that what you mean, or is this something built into wordpress?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Gutenburg plugins is from WP for people who use classic editor to try out the block structures.

Gutenburg plugin is like the beta version of WP Gutenburg, so it’s more likely has bugs.

If you don’t have this plugin installed, then it’s a bug from WP, because its CSS made the screen reader text of search bar to be 100% width instead of 1px.

Anyway WP will be aware of this issue and fix it soon πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.