[Support request] Which Child Theme to use

Home Forums Support [Support request] Which Child Theme to use

Home Forums Support Which Child Theme to use

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Richard

Hi Tom I have a very basic understanding of how website building in wordpress works and just wanted to use one of child theme templates to create a site.

I’ve purchased your full premium add on packs and I’m using one of your basic child themes Version: 0.1.

I would like to cerate a basic site where: people can log in and obtain information and download forms. and a blog page. I would also like the site to have a hero style front page and some sort of commerce page.

My questions:
    1) Which of your child themes would be most appropriate in this instance?
    2) If I choose a different child theme can I just load it and activate it in the dashboard?
    (bearing in mind I’ve used your premium add on’s with the original child theme.

Many thanks for your help in advance and for your work on the GeneratePress theme.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

We don’t have a child theme that would accomplish all of that. We do have some new “child themes” coming in a new premium module in 2018.

To have a membership type deal where they can login to download information, you would need a plugin. You can search for WordPress membership plugin and you’ll find tons of them.

For the commerce stuff, you could likely use a plugin like WooCommerce.

To build a hero-like section you could use our Page Header add-on, or a page builder.

Hope this helps 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.