[Support request] Where is the Beginner's Manual?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Where is the Beginner's Manual?

Home Forums Support Where is the Beginner's Manual?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Amy

I have inherited the maintenance of a website that was built in WordPress with GeneratePress Premium using the GP Child Theme. I have no problem using the customizer for the header, footer, etc. but can’t figure out how to edit the page content! I am missing something really stupid, I know. All I want to do is switch out a few photos. Unfortunately Elemetor Pro was not used to build so I cannot edit with that. Can you point me to an article on simple editing? Help!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Are you referring to the pictures on the home page?

Those are added with Elementor so you will have to edit that within the plugin.

If you aren’t sure how to, their support should be able to help.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Amy

Hello,
    Sorry for the delay, Covid has thrown my business operations for a loop to put it mildly. Thank you for your reply.

I am only having difficulty editing the “Shop” pages. I have been able to discover how to edit all the others (they were all created with Elementor) but for some reason the Shop pages were not, no templates, nothing. I can add and delete content to each individual item for sale through WooCommerce, photos, etc. that part is fine. But I cannot edit the initial “Shop” page or the subsequent Category pages (i.e. “Gowns” “Accessories” etc. All I want to do is switch out some photos and move a couple of things but I just can’t figure out how to get in!

I confirmed with the elementor or folks (I have Elementor Pro) that they were not created with Elementor. Tried “Customize” but that only lets me in up at the header, can’t work on the page body itself. I’m stuck.

I am new to Generate press and was hoping to find some beginner’s / getting started sort of instructions but have been unable to locate any on the web. The person who created the site used Generate Press Pro (not sure where or how, except for the header and a border) so I signed up for it too. So I am not sure if this is even a Generate Press Issue. You are however my last hope (no pressure haha!)

If you could point me in the right direction and/or tell me how those pages were created I am sure I can figure things out. Just having trouble getting started. Thanks so much for your help!!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Those are “archive” pages, which are automatically generated by the available content. For example, when you create a product, it will automatically populate on the shop page. The image and product title comes from the product you added, which is done in the “Products” area of the Dashboard.

Same with categories – those are added by WooCommerce, and they automatically build the page using the data you input (category thumbnail etc..).

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.