[Support request] Where can I find Generate Press training/coaching?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Where can I find Generate Press training/coaching?

Home Forums Support Where can I find Generate Press training/coaching?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Adam

I am totally new the blogging game, and totally new to the Generate Press. I’ve jumped in and purchased the Premium, and managed to get a website going and a few posts…

But I’m having trouble with what seem to be simple things. For example, my post and feed is off-center and driving me crazy. My featured photos are being shown twice, and my menus are really big on mobile but look fine on desktop. I guess this is just simple formatting tweaks that I don’t understand?

So I feel I need to slow down, and get some training. Where can I find this? A coach? Tutor? Any recommendations?
    Thanks!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

So I feel I need to slow down, and get some training. Where can I find this? A coach? Tutor? Any recommendations?
    Thanks!

For starters, I recommend reading our documentation found here:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/

I also recommend making a list of things you want with the site so you have a clear vision on of how the site will function.

The list, in some sense, is kind of like your “lesson plan”. The list is basically the things you want to learn how to do with GeneratePress.

Once you have a list, you can try searching the list items one by one here on the documentation or here in the forums if they’ve been done before.

If you found a topic close or exactly what you’re looking for, then that can serve as a learning material. If you’re unable to find the things you’re looking for, you can always open a new topic ask us about it. 🙂

But I’m having trouble with what seem to be simple things. For example, my post and feed is off-center and driving me crazy. My featured photos are being shown twice, and my menus are really big on mobile but look fine on desktop. I guess this is just simple formatting tweaks that I don’t understand?

You have a right sidebar enabled. It’s occupying 15% of the width on the content area. That’s why the contents(posts/feed, etc) are off-center.

You can disable it through Appearance > Customize > Layout > Sidebar. Set the “Blog sidebar Layout” to “content(no sidebar)” to fix this.
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/sidebar-layout-overview/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.