[Support request] Where are the ideal placeholder images sizes listed?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Where are the ideal placeholder images sizes listed?

Home Forums Support Where are the ideal placeholder images sizes listed?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    locate-australian

To whom this may concern,

Hi, I am using the Generate Press theme for an online marketplace that has been developed for other businesses to use.

I would like to provide our users with the optimal image sizes, to improve the appearance & integrity of the site.

Does Generate Press have a list of predefined sizes & or dimensions for the various image placeholders?

The main website images required by users to upload include:
    *Product images
    *Store Banner (1200 width seems to fill the placeholder)
    *Store Icon

Please note that I have checked with the marketplace software for image sizes & I was told the images sizes are dependent on the theme (Generate Press).

I also looked up Generate Press documentation regarding image sizes, which referred me to Word Press Media Settings but sizes listed were for ‘thumbnail’, ‘medium’ & ‘large’. No guidelines are given for ‘product photos, the store banner or store icon’, etc.

Thank you in advance :).

Kind regards, L.A.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Does Generate Press have a list of predefined sizes & or dimensions for the various image placeholders?

The theme uses WordPress default image sizes.

Please note that I have checked with the marketplace software for image sizes & I was told the images sizes are dependent on the theme (Generate Press).

That’s not necessarily the case. Product image sizes are normally automatically registered/added when you install ecommerce plugins. Plugin like WooCommerce actually register its own sizes.

As mentioned previously, GeneratePress uses WordPress default image sizes but you can add in more sizes using the snippet provided in this article.
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-image-sizes/

Here’s how to add PHP: – https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.