[Resolved] When using sections – entry-title and post-navigation below disappear

Home Forums Support [Resolved] When using sections – entry-title and post-navigation below disappear

Home Forums Support When using sections – entry-title and post-navigation below disappear

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Peter

When I am using sections in a post, both entry-title and post navigation disappear.
    Without sections everything looks fine.
    What am I missing?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sections is meant to remove everything on the page and let you build the content within the sections.

There would be no way to style those built in elements to match your sections if they existed on the page as well.

Let me know if you need more info πŸ™‚

Peter

I see. Now I learnt something new.:-)
    No problem with the entry-title.
    I would like to do some posts with sections because different container widths are needed.
    When using sections… is there a possibility of adding the previous-post/next-post navigation at the bottom of the post?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It would probably be better to use a shortcode, then add the shortcode into a section at the bottom of the post.

For example:

add_shortcode( 'post_navigation', 'tu_post_navigation_shortcode' );
    function tu_post_navigation_shortcode() {
        ob_start();

if ( function_exists( 'generate_content_nav' ) ) {
            generate_content_nav( 'nav-below' );
        }

return ob_get_clean();
    }

Then you can add [post_navigation] into a section.

That way the style of the page will remain consistent.

Peter

Works perfectly πŸ™‚

I am constantly impressed about functionality & versatility of GP. No page builder add-on needed.
    And when the wall is hit, then there is this excellent and immediate support.
    It simply can’t be better!

Tnx a lot 4 all.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thank you! Really appreciate that πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.