[Support request] When image post is disabled in single post, header disappears too

Home Forums Support [Support request] When image post is disabled in single post, header disappears too

Home Forums Support When image post is disabled in single post, header disappears too

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    manda

I see this kind of discussed in other posts, but the problem still remains. The single posts show a large sized featured image (it shows it above the title of the post) and when I disable the image post using the disable element, the page header for the single post also disappears. The featured image is anyway part of my post and so automatically adding it in single post is like duplication. BTW I added the same page header to all single posts using the gp hook, but when I disable the image post, the header disappears. I would like to have the header (through gp hook), and not have the image post show. Not sure why the header image and featured image are connected. Please advise. You can check this in my test site –
    Here the header shows and you can see the large size image post above the title…http://www.test.astromanda.com/moon-pluto-aspects-in-astrology/

For this single post, I disabled the image post, and the header disappears
    http://www.test.astromanda.com/mars-uranus-aspects-astrology/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not seeing a page header on either page?

However, disabling the element targets the class of the page header, and hides it.

If the page header you’ve added through GP Hooks shares that same class, it will hide it as well.

So one thing to try would be to change the class names for your divs in GP Hooks ๐Ÿ™‚

manda

Tom, thanks a lot for your suggestion. I will try this out. I am kind of novice with wordpress. There are 2 divs in the code I added in the GP hook to add the header. The 2 div in this code are right before the header img src tag…can you please suggest which one should be changed? or should both be changed? I actually got the code from one of the posts here.

div class=”page-header-content generate-page-header generate-content-header”

div class=”grid-container”

manda

This worked – creating different divs (changed both the divs). Just one more help if you can…is there a code I can insert for single post (is single…) to disable the image post, so I don’t have to go to each one of the post and disable image post (using diable element add-on). Thanks for all your help. I am really happy with Generate Press theme – have tried many others and this is one of the best for 3 column layout.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You should be able to do something like this:

.page-header-image-single {
        display: none;
    }

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.