[Resolved] When editing as Editor, Page Header Options are not available

Home Forums Support [Resolved] When editing as Editor, Page Header Options are not available

Home Forums Support When editing as Editor, Page Header Options are not available

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mirko

Dear Tom,

first of all I´d like say that I really love your theme and plugin. Good work!

Your theme worked fine for me. Everything was like it should be. But after the last update to GP Premium 1.2.94 there is a little issue: When editing a post as editor, the screen option “page header” is not available. Now the editor is not able to add or change the page header of a post. When editing as admin, everything´s ok.

Maybe you have an idea how to resolve this little problem?

Thank you very much and best wishes

Mirko

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Mirko,

The Page Header meta box was put behind the capability “activate_plugins” which is admins along with the rest of the GP meta boxes.

You can alter this value using the generate_metabox_capability filter: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_metabox_capability/

Hope this helps 🙂

Mirko

Hi Tom,

thanks for your immediate response!

I added the filter to my functions.php and everything works fine now 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Great! Glad I could help 🙂

Kerry

I have the same problem but do not know how to add a filter to functions.php. Is there a really simple step by step explanation available?

Also, the header on my page has suddenly become invisible (the image, colours etc no longer show up). I haven’t changed anything so is there any reason why this might happen?

Thanks for any advice.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This should help: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

As for the second issue, can you link me to the page?

Kerry

Thanks for the link.
    The second issue has now been fixed so no longer a problem! Thanks for your help.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.