[Support request] What is the inherit font called for the generate press site "Blogg"?

Home Forums Support [Support request] What is the inherit font called for the generate press site "Blogg"?

Home Forums Support What is the inherit font called for the generate press site "Blogg"?

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by David.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jordan

What is the inherit font called for the generate press site “Blogg”?

I’m wondering what the font name is on this layout https://jordantarver.com/how-to-set-up-time-blocking to use on another site.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Inherit isn’t an actual font, it means it doesn’t have a font specified and should inherit the font being used by the parent which would be the Font set in Typography > Body. In this case it is “Open Sans”

Leon

Does this mean that everywhere I see “Inherit” in Typography (headings, widgets, etc.), they all inherit from Body?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes 🙂

Leon

I was hoping all the Headings would inherit from H1 and all the Body-type elements (widget bodies, posts, pages) would inherit Body. I usually use one font for all headings and another for all body text.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Then I’d recommend selecting the desired font for all the headings under Typography > Headings.

There should only be h1 to h5 so 5 options.

Bandara

Hello! Thanks for explaining this.

My $.02, Heading fonts are almost always different from body fonts. So making headings inherit from the body seems strange to me. I would have also thought that if h2 was inheriting, it would be inheriting from h1. Because most of the time (I think!) heading fonts are all the same, at least at the higher levels.

This is actually a case where it would be easier to assign this all in actual css, since you could do h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 and be done. I kind of doubt if anyone is going to have six different fonts for the 6 different headings. I think most people would be setting several if not all to the same font.

Just a thought.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

we’re planning to update the Typography controls in a future update.
    We’ll take this into consideration.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.