[Resolved] what is the distinction between paying user and free user?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] what is the distinction between paying user and free user?

Home Forums Support what is the distinction between paying user and free user?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    XIAODONG WU

I have downloaded this file(gp-premium-v1.9.1.zip) from the Internet for free. But when I paid for it on this site, I got the same file, and their functions are the same!!!

It’s not what I want. So what is the distinction?

Thks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GeneratePress Premium is not available for free on the internet.
    The copy you downloaded for free would have been an Illegal Distribution of our software.

If you could contact us using the Account Issue form here we can talk in more detail:

https://generatepress.com/contact/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There are multiple things wrong with downloading pirated software (GP Premium or anything else).

1. The people who work full time to create and support the software aren’t compensated for their hard work. If everyone purchased pirated versions of the software, the software would cease to exist (and therefore not even be available to pirate).

2. You don’t receive actual support for the product. If you need help, the people who sold you the pirated version certainly won’t be there to support you.

3. You run a very high risk of installing software on your server that has malicious code added to it. Hackers use this malicious code to take over your server, at which point they can do anything they want (delete your website, steal your/your customers’ data, etc..).

In my opinion, it’s worth the $49.95 (in this case) to support the people who work full time to build the product, get excellent support and protect your website/data from hackers.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.