[Resolved] What are the best demo site layouts for ad placement? Which ones to avoid?

Home Forums Support What are the best demo site layouts for ad placement? Which ones to avoid?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Joe

Hi,

I’m just getting started and need some advice. I’m hoping to create blogs and websites that will be supported by ad revenue. Looking through the site library, there are some really good looking examples, but I question if those layouts would lend themselves to a good layout with ad placements.

I can see that “Marketer” is designed for affiliate marketing. I like the look of “Mellow”, but wonder if ads would destroy the aesthetic of the site. I know that any of these is just a starting point that can be tweaked, but I’m not so great at manual CSS and HTML just yet.

Which specific demo layouts would be ideal for ad placements? Are there any demo site layouts to stay away from in regard to ad placement? Taking ad placement into account, which demo site layouts would be the best starting point?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Marketer is probably the best one to go for – its minimal design doesn’t intrude on the main widget areas ( sidebars and header ) that are traditionally used for advert placement.

Whereas your right about Mellow – unless the adverts are in content only the site isn’t designed for sidebars or header widgets.

Joe

What about the layouts like “Tasty” or “Dispatch”? I understand that “Marketer” would be ideal, it isn’t my first choice visually. Would any of the demos with a sidebar work equally well? Would some work better than others?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Tasty, Wordsmith, Rumour amd Dispatch – any sites with a Sidebar already setup would be best. Of them all Dispatch is more complicated then the others – and its advisable you read the posts that are part of the Demo content to get a feel for using it.

Joe

Awesome David! Thank you so much for your input. I’ve been looking at these demo sites for a couple of days before contacting support and just couldn’t decide which one to choose. I really appreciate your advice.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.