[Resolved] Weird nav issue with Ninja Forms

Home Forums Support Weird nav issue with Ninja Forms

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Arp

I’m building a site for a client and we noticed a weird issue, primarily happening in Chrome, and only on the URL attached. When that page is loaded, the nav starts off larger for a split second and then shrinks back to the correct size.

I traced it to Ninja Forms because 1) none of the other pages are doing it and 2) I made a new page where the nav worked fine … until I added the Ninja Form to the page (/contact-2).

Clearly it’s some conflict with the Ninja Form css or js but I’m having trouble narrowing it down. Have you heard of this before?

http login for the page:
    u: Spaghetti
    p: AndMeatballs12

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That’s usually a caching issue called flash of unstyled content or something like that.

Can you disable all plugins except GP Premium and NinjaForms to test?

If that doesn’t help then it would be good to check with Ninja Form’s support team.

Arp

I figured it out – it was due to a difference in size for the header image between the customizer CSS and the css from a custom css plugin. My guess is that NF was delaying the load of the custom css, causing the image to resize and affect the whole nav size.

This begets a question: what’s the best way to add custom css to a GP project – a child theme?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That depends on how much CSS you are adding.

I’d say that Additional CSS is the way to go unless you have more than let’s say 500 lines of CSS.

Arp

Yes, I’m well over 500 lines.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Then child theme is the way to go 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.