[Resolved] Weird Issue with Container Shapes

Home Forums Support Weird Issue with Container Shapes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Brent Wilson

I am having a weird issue with container shapes. I have a couple of light purple containers (you can see them on this page: https://wordpress-519773-1848753.cloudwaysapps.com/) that have shapes set for them. The first one has a shape set for bottom. The second one is a block element with a hook set for generate_before_footer and a shape set for top. But both shapes are displaying oddly on the front-end home page (they display correctly in edit mode). In addition, the block element shape is displaying correctly on other pages of the website. Any suggestions for me?

In addition, how can I get rid of the white space between the block element and the footer?

Thanks!

Brent Wilson

Maybe I should mention that when I refer to containers, I am referring to GenerateBlocks containers.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The second one is a block element with a hook set for generate_before_footer and a shape set for top. But both shapes are displaying oddly on the front-end home page (they display correctly in edit mode). In addition, the block element shape is displaying correctly on other pages of the website. Any suggestions for me?

Any chance you can include screenshots of the setting of these shapes so we could see what may be causing the issue? We’ll try to replicate it and see if we get the same output.

In addition, how can I get rid of the white space between the block element and the footer?

Check your Block element if there are any empty paragraph blocks after the GB container. Remove them. That’s the usual culprit for “empty” spaces on Block Elements.

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Brent Wilson

Okay, I got the white space issue taken care of. Thanks for that advice.

Regarding the settings for the container shapes, see Loom video below:

https://www.loom.com/share/b79236ad2d6b46088f7a26daabf2fbd3

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Brent,

It seems there’s some excessive CSS existing for the SVG shape on the home page.

Have you tried clearing cache and disable cache plugin?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Brent Wilson

The cache has been cleared and the cache plugin disabled.

Brent Wilson

This home page did previously use Elementor. But so did other pages on the site where the block element container shape is displaying correctly.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Did you add them in as the reusable block? That might be the issue.

Could you try to delete them, publish the page, then add them again?

Let me know how it goes.

Brent Wilson

Nope, not added as reusable blocks.

I deleted and re-added these containers and it seems they are working correctly now.

Thanks!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.