[Support request] Website logo does not display on cloned subdomain site

Home Forums Support [Support request] Website logo does not display on cloned subdomain site

Home Forums Support Website logo does not display on cloned subdomain site

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Stefan

Dear GP,

I cloned my main website to a subdomain.
    However, I noticed that the logo does not display properly on my subdomain site.
    I tried purging the cache from the cache Plugin, disabling the plugin and purging the Cloudflare cache.
    I also ensured that the Cloudflare plugins are not caching my site. Nothing worked.

I have included the relevant links in the description below.

I would appreciate your support.

Regards,
    Stefan

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Stefan,

Can you go to customizer > header > mobile header and upload the logo there again?

Stefan

Hi Ying,

I did that, but it still is not working. I deactivated caching on Cloudflare and the main website.

I shared with you the link of the errors. The images used on the main site were SVGs, but now the report in the link below tells me the image file is missing. I reuploaded the SVG and it still shows the error.

Is there another way to delete the images?

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Stefan,

I can see these errors in your site on mobile: https://share.getcloudapp.com/DOudgx27

Here’s an article to help you understand the issue: https://www.hostinger.ph/tutorials/ssl-version-cipher-mismatch-error

Seems like an SSL issue.

To test, can you try uploading a totally different SVG image and see if the error will remain? Also try a different format like PNG.

You should be able to delete the image in your admin dashboard, Media > Library.

Kindly let us know how it goes. 🙂

Stefan

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for the feedback. The files in question are deleted but they still appear as errors when doing the test on sites such as GTMetrix.

I uploaded new logos in PNG format and they do not cause an error. It’s only the old SVG files that have been deleted.

What could be the solution for this?

Regards,
    Stefan

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Stefan,

I’ve raised this issue to the team. For now, can you use PNG images?

I’ll update you as soon as possible once I get news on how to fix this.

Stefan

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for your help. I do use PNG images now (and deleted all the old SVG files).

I will wait for further instructions from the senior team.

Regards,
    Stefan

Fernando
    Customer Support

Thanks Stefan! I’ll get back to you once I get news.

May I also know what version of WordPress you’re using?

Stefan

Hi Fernando,

I used WordPress 6.0 version.

Regards,
    Stefan

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Stefan,

Can you try creating a backup of your site? Then, after doing so, switch your theme to WP Twenty Twenty One. Then, switch it back to GeneratePress.

I also updated to WP 6.0, and after doing the steps above, the issue went away. It seems that there’s a bug where updating to WordPress 6.0 may not be detecting the width and height.

To reiterate, kindly take a backup of your site before doing so to assure that if something changes, you’ll be able to revert it.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Stefan

Hi Fernando,

I followed the steps and I still get the same results.

On desktop, the logo appears, but not on mobile.

Regards,
    Stefan

Fernando
    Customer Support

In Appearance > Customize > Layout > Header, do you have Mobile Header on, and do you have a logo set there? Can you try uploading a different SVG file to test?

Can you also try clearing any caching mechanism set in your website? If this doesn’t work, can you try #1 here? https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

Mine’s working on any view, Desktop or mobile with SVG files.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Stefan

Dear Fernando,

Thank you for your patience. Followed your instructions.
    It works now.

Have a great day!

Regards,
    Stefan

Fernando
    Customer Support

You’re welcome Stefan! Glad it’s working now!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.