[Support request] WCAG 2.1

Home Forums Support [Support request] WCAG 2.1

Home Forums Support WCAG 2.1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    _blank

Hi, is GP WCAG 2.1 compatible?
    Would you recommend a tool for checking how which part(s) of a website would need improvement against that standard?

Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

We do our best to keep accessibility in mind with everything we do. We have received and passed various accessibility reviews in the past. However, it’s likely time we get another one to make sure we’re still completely accessible.

I don’t know of any specific tools, but there are tons out there if you search for “WCAG 2.1 testing tools”.

_blank

Ok, so I tried out Axe and did some preliminary tests. I corrected some issues.

Among the returned results, there are also the following:

Document has multiple elements referenced with ARIA with the same id attribute: mobile-menu
    .mobile-header-navigation.has-branding.has-sticky-branding:nth-child(5) > .inside-navigation.grid-container.grid-parent > .main-nav

Document has multiple elements referenced with ARIA with the same id attribute: primary-menu
    nav:nth-child(7) > .inside-navigation.grid-container.grid-parent > .main-nav

Document has multiple static elements with the same id attribute
    .mobile-header-navigation.has-branding.has-sticky-branding:nth-child(5) > .inside-navigation.grid-container.grid-parent > .main-nav > .sf-menu.menu > .menu-item-596.menu-item-has-children.menu-item-type-custom > .sub-menu > .menu-item-426.menu-item-has-children.menu-item-type-custom > .sub-menu > .menu-item-226.menu-item-type-post_type.menu-item-object-page

Does the theme allow to correct them or we should rather wait for subsequent theme updates (will such issues be addressed at all)?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I believe we’ve addressed a lot of this in GP Premium 1.11.0. Can you try the beta version?: https://generatepress.com/gp-premium-1-11-0-block-elements/

_blank

Hi Tom, I installed it on my offline test website and I don’t see the originally quoted issues there. Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.