[Resolved] Warnings / Fails To Update Page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Warnings / Fails To Update Page

Home Forums Support Warnings / Fails To Update Page

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Linda

I am trying to update the copy on my home page (www.FitCoachLinda.com), and I’m seeing 3 issues that may all be manifestations of one problem (I hope). This is on a managed WordPress site through GoDaddy (so it should be up to date), and my GP Premium is v 1.2.3, and does not show a new version available. So I think everything is current. Here’s what I’m seeing.

First, when I click Edit Page, at the very top of the admin interface (above the Edit Page / Add New heading), I’m seeing three messages:

[this part is cut off on the left, but it probably says “invalid”] arguments passed in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas04_data02/95/2287295/html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/inc/verification.php on line 635

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/p3pnexwpnas04_data02/95/2287295/html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/inc/verification.php:635) in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas04_data02/95/2287295/html/wp-includes/option.php on line 820

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/p3pnexwpnas04_data02/95/2287295/html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/inc/verification.php:635) in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas04_data02/95/2287295/html/wp-includes/option.php on line 821

There are similar messages throughout the admin interface.

Second, in the body copy I’m seeing several (9) instances of the same random character, both in the Visual and Text views. Sometimes paired (like HTML tags), and sometimes not. They do not show up on the live site (thank goodness), but in some cases have replaced spaces, so words are run together.

“… itร‚ doesn’tร‚ take discipline ” “Ready toร‚ up your game?”

Third, after I edit the text and attempt to Update the page, I get more error messages, and nothing else loads on the page (no admin interface at all – just an entirely white screen w/warnings. It *does* appear that after I edited the content in Text mode (but not in Visual) mode, the changes “stuck,” in spite of the ominous warnings. So at least there’s that.

Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas04_data02/95/2287295/html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/inc/verification.php on line 635

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/p3pnexwpnas04_data02/95/2287295/html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/inc/verification.php:635) in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas04_data02/95/2287295/html/wp-admin/post.php on line 197

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/p3pnexwpnas04_data02/95/2287295/html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/inc/verification.php:635) in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas04_data02/95/2287295/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1228

I can hand code responsive sites (that is, I’m not entirely clueless), but don’t even know where to start figuring out an answer for this. Any suggestions (or outright answers) would be much appreciated. TIA!

• This topic was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Linda.
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

That’s an old version – but those errors are very odd.

Can you try manually updating?: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/updating-add-ons/#manual-update

Let me know if that fixes it or not ๐Ÿ™‚

Linda

Thank you! I’ll do that in the morning and let you know. I appreciate the help. ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Linda

Finally! I said I would get back to you in the morning. Well, I suppose it’s morning somewhere…

I didn’t know how to back up my site, and didn’t want to do anything drastic without being sure I had copies of everything. Today I got help and was finally able to update Generate Press and the GP Premium suite of plugins.

Deactivating, deleting, and re-installing the plugins did the trick. I can only see one design thing that isn’t quite right – the widget font size changed. I can fiddle with that, no problem.

Thank you so much for your responsive, effective help. Sorry it took me 6 months to get around to trying it! ๐Ÿ™‚

David

>>>>>> I didnโ€™t know how to back up my site,

Checkout Updraft Plus – the free version works really well…
    https://updraftplus.com/
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it all working!

Duplicator is great as well ๐Ÿ™‚

Linda

Thanks! I’ll check into those. And I really appreciate your responsiveness and great advice – even if it did take me months to get around to doing anything about it. ๐Ÿ™‚

My site is hosted on GoDaddy, and they keep something like 30 (or more?) days of backups, so that’s one option. We also just downloaded all the files via SFTP, both before and after updating.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Database backups are most important – the database is what stores all of the settings.

Files are just files and can be replaced (except for your wp-content folder).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.