[Resolved] Want to replace my previous social share bars

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Want to replace my previous social share bars

Home Forums Support Want to replace my previous social share bars

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you found the solution! ๐Ÿ™‚

Eric

I updated to GP Premium 1.5.6 and GP 2.0 and it seems that my previous fix won’t work anymore.

I don’t even see the hook “generate_after_page_header” anymore. Was this removed or replaced by something?

As it stands, I can only add a share bar before the featured image, but I want it after.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That hook still exists.

However, in GPP 1.5, the page header functionality was separated from the featured image functionality. Are you only using a static image?

Eric

Are you only using a static image?

The featured images I use are unique to each article (inserted using the native featured image option in WordPress) and the social share buttons were created using Elementor.

I’ve previously added a special code using Snippets to get those social share buttons to appear under the featured image and at the end of the article.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can link me to one of the pages where the icons disappeared from?

Eric

Any of my articles, but here’s an example

https://www.veganostomy.ca/ostomy-filter-stickers/

You can see the share buttons at the end of the article – those should also be right under the featured image. I made no changes to the snippet code I had from before updating to the newer version.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The code I have you earlier should work for that location:

add_action( 'generate_after_entry_header', 'tu_add_social_icons', 15 );
    function tu_add_social_icons() {
       echo do_shortcode( '[elementor-template id="20458"]' );
    }
    Eric

Unfortunately,”generate_after_entry_header” used to work until something changed in August, so I had to start using “generate_after_page_header” but now that’s broken.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Have you tried again recently? That hook exists here: https://github.com/tomusborne/generatepress/blob/2.0/content-page.php#L40

Regardless of anything in GP Premium, that hook will work.

Eric

Oh, man. It was a caching issue :/ I had applied the code a few posts up and it didn’t work at first, so I tested on my staging site and it was fine. I cleared the litespeed cache and now it’s working =)

Thanks, Tom!!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.