[Support request] Want to remove unwanted image sizes

Home Forums Support [Support request] Want to remove unwanted image sizes

Home Forums Support Want to remove unwanted image sizes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sandeep

I do set the featured image for posts but I don’t show it on posts (disabled in Customize->Blog->Posts)
    The featured images are just shown on the home page, category pages and archives. Since all of these will use just 1 size for the featured image, I want to get rid of other image size that get auto-generated.

Do this auto-generation, my website uploads size has grown into 2GB (i have 1000+ posts)
    I have gone to Settings->Media and made everything 0 but the image size files are still there on my server: http://prntscr.com/uhcxvi

Please help me in getting rid of these unwanted image sizes.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

You have to do quite a few things to address to fix this issue.

First thing is to stop WordPress from generating unwanted image so it doesn’t pile up again in the future. Second is to remove the already existing generated image sizes.

Note: Before you do anything, We suggest you create a backup incase anything goes wrong.

For the first part, you can use a plugin that removes any unused media image sizes from your site.

You can try using Force Regenerate Thumbnails plugin.

For the second part, you’ll have use a plugin that cleans up your media library for any unused media files.

You can try using Media Cleaner – Clean & Optimize Space plugin.

Let us know if this works for you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.