[Resolved] Want Posts to Display Under The Right Pages in the Primary Navigation

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Want Posts to Display Under The Right Pages in the Primary Navigation

Home Forums Support Want Posts to Display Under The Right Pages in the Primary Navigation

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    GRACE

Okay, I hope I can articulate what I need here.

I want my posts to show up under the right pages. For example, posts under money management category should show up under the page money management in the primary nav.

I have done this lots of times with Genesis framework/child themes using the custom fields, but I have no idea how to do it with this theme.

I can’t code so I need something that’s easy to implement like entering a name and value in the custom field of a page or something like that.

I hope someone understands me.

Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Do these menu links take you to a Category Archive or a Static Page ?

If it is a Category archive then you can edit the Menu and add the Category from the list provided.

GRACE

Hi, thanks for replying, but I don’t understand what you are saying.I am not sure why something I used to do so easily with Genesis is such a big deal with these themes. I don’t know what category archive is. My home page is a static page. Shows my latest blog posts.

Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

This is a standard WordPress menu function – go to
    Appearance > Menu, and edit your Menu.
    On the left hand side you should be able to see Categories:

If Categories is not showing click on the Screen Options tab ( top right of screen ) and enable Categories.

GRACE

Hi, any chance I could speak with someone via chat or something? This isn’t working for me. I ‘d like to chat with someone when we can both look at my website at the same time so I can expalin what I mean.

Is this service available with support?

Thanks!

GRACE

Hi David,

Okay, not the way I am used to, but I replaced the pages with the categories in the primary menu. So it works for now. I think that will do for now.

Thanks for your assistance!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that.
    If you need something different, and you have an example from an old site then let us know – happy to take a look 🙂

BTW – unfortunately we can’t offer phone support.

GRACE

Okay David.

I think it works quite the same so it’s all good. Just working my way through the modules and doing some customizations.

I will holler if I need any further assistance.

Cheers!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

We’ll be here !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.