[Support request] Volume theme – how to make a PAGE that displays posts by category/tag

Home Forums Support [Support request] Volume theme – how to make a PAGE that displays posts by category/tag

Home Forums Support Volume theme – how to make a PAGE that displays posts by category/tag

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kyle

Hello,

I am having a lot of issues with what would seem like a simple thing. I am trying to make a page, and on this page feature content related to a category or tag. How do I do this?

(example) Right now I have a domain and a page something like domain.com/sweaters. Within here I want to display all posts that contain the TAG sweaters. I will then use categories to go slightly deeper and have categories as something like ‘Cardigan’ or ‘Turtleneck’.

Depending on the category, I want the page display various elements as seen in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8byA37OTBRg) but it is very important that the page only shows posts from a specific tag.

What I’ve Done:

I created an element. Got one of the templates that I want to use by setting content type to Content Template > Tag name: Article, Taxonomy Post Tag, Term name sweaters > DISPLAY RULES: Location > page > Sweaters.

I then went to my posts, edited the tags of a few posts to sweater to test. Nothing. I did the same with categories.

Honestly despite having used other similar tools for years, I’m very confused on how to use GeneratePress at this point. Any idea how I should go about doing this? Thanks

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Kyle,

Assuming you’re using the actual Archive pages of the tags or categories you’ve mentioned, the display rule location should be pointing to the Post tag term’s archive page.

If it’s a static page w/ a post loop in it then it should be pointing to the “Page – [Name of page]” as it’s still a static page even if there’s a loop of posts under a specific tag in it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.