[Resolved] Volume settings from site library

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Volume settings from site library

Home Forums Support Volume settings from site library

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Richard

Hi Generatepress team!

I’m hoping you can help, I’ve started working with the Volume theme. In your site library it’s super pretty and is basically setup exactly how I hoped my site would look. But on my site, there’s a bunch of stuff missing – it *is* volume but not styled or laid out how I’d like it to be. Particularly the way the headers are handled.

Is it a case of me reading all of the instructions and working this thing out myself, or can I get a push in the right direction? Is it a case of importing a site from the site library (“Existing Site Import Detected”) – and if I do will this overwrite the articles I’ve already created?

Thank you!!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

first off – if you go to Dashboard > Appearance do you see an Elements menu item ? If so whats in there ?

Richard

Nothing at all!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can retry importing the site.

RE this:

Is it a case of importing a site from the site library (“Existing Site Import Detected”) – and if I do will this overwrite the articles I’ve already created?

No it will not overwrite your existing content.

However we strongly recommend you make a backup of your site or create a staging site to do the import.
    To make sure you get the correct design – during the import process you must Import the Demo Content see here for more info:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-site-library/

You then need to delete the demo posts and pages that you don’t require.

Richard

Fixed and all sorted! Thank you!!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.