[Resolved] Volume: Blog & Front Page Edit

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Volume: Blog & Front Page Edit

Home Forums Support Volume: Blog & Front Page Edit

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by David.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tim

Hello

I’m playing with the Volume theme.

Where can I edit the Blog and Front Page Header H1 ?

I may prefer to have the H1 display the dynamic Title of the page.

Thanks

Tim

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

in Dashboard > Appearance > Elements you’ll see several elements, edit the Header element titled: Blog and Front Page Header.

The actual Volume sites blog imports several posts which you may find useful as they contain some info on how the site was created.

Tim

Hi David

Yes I had looked at those helpful posts, but I must have overlooked where it mentioned visiting Dashboard > Appearance > Elements to find those parts to edit.

Now whilst I’m editing that “Element” for Blog and Front Page, I have changed the Background Image to “Featured Image” and removed the fallback image.

In the public view neither the home (Front Page) or news (Blog page) are displaying the Featured image assigned to those pages.

What have I overlooked here ?

Thanks

Tim

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

WordPress doesn’t apply Meta Boxes for the Blog.
    So for your Blog ( Latest posts page ) you need to create a separate Header Element and add a Custom Background to it.

For the Home page – the Front Page Display Rule location should work.

Tim

Hi David

I managed to get control over the Front Page as intended by adding it to the Pages “Element” list of locations.

As for the Blog (News) Header Element, which has Background Image: “Featured Image”, but doesn’t display the Featured Image that has been selected for the News (Blog page)

What am I missing ?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

This:

WordPress doesn’t apply Meta Boxes for the Blog.

The Blog isn’t a Page / Post – it is instead a function, and WordPress ignores anything added to a Meta Box in the editor this includes featured images.

So you have to select a Custom Background Image in your Header Element

Tim

Hi David

Sorry, I hadn’t noticed that “Custom Image” was a dropdown option in the Header Element.

Thanks

Tim

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.