[Resolved] Video in blog posts CSS

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Video in blog posts CSS

Home Forums Support Video in blog posts CSS

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Garth Dryland

Hey Tom

I cant seem to work out where the css is for the video sizing, which was recently changed.

I like it being 100% in width but the height needs reducing. While its not so noticeable on a large screen, when its on a mobile device it shows a lot of black above and below the video image.

I would like to shrink that area to fit the video image.

Does both the large screen view and mobile view use the same css stylesheet ?

You and see what I mean by visiting http://accountwise.co.nz to check out the blog video image.

Cheers

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Garth,

The widget of these oEmbed items in WordPress are calculated with PHP (WordPress requires the $content_width variable to be set), which doesn’t know the different between mobile and desktop (unfortunately).

To make your iframe videos responsive, you’ll have to look at an article like this: https://css-tricks.com/NetMag/FluidWidthVideo/Article-FluidWidthVideo.php

Basically, you need to wrap your embedded video in a container with the CSS provided on that page.

Let me know if you have any questions ๐Ÿ™‚

Garth Dryland

Snap!

I actually found that same page and tried that before starting this thread, so I had another go after you said to use this process and I got it working.

I found that I was using the wrong .class, “video” not “vidoewrapper”.

The original video/image was an embedded URL however it appears it must be a link with applicable dimensions in an iframe.

Anyway its now working exactly how I want it to be and across devices. Winning.

I will apply the changes to my live site in due course.

Thanks Tom

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome – glad I could help ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.