Video disable on mobile and little bug

Home Forums Support Video disable on mobile and little bug

Home Forums Support Video disable on mobile and little bug

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Adam Zátopek

Hi Tom,
    I am looking for new options for header page – Video on background. I am looking for new feature. I set to my page image and video for my background. I used image like poster (its faster loaded than video) and its good. But video its not good for mobile phones. What do you think about options for adding poster and choosing options if i want video when i am on mobile device.
    And next problem when i use slide out menu, there is a problem with video. I can describe it.
    When i set up a video and i set a slideout menu. And i open slide out menu my video is cutting from each side. And i see a background of header(white or my selected). I use for video on page this css:
    video {width:auto!important;}

Cut from screen

You can see in my screenshots. Firstly i created a blue background for contrast with screenshots. From each side is video smaller than original after i opened slideout menu.

Sorry for my bad english and i hope you understand me.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Adam,

By default, phones won’t play video backgrounds – they’re built not to in order to save bandwidth.

So, GP displays the image you have uploaded as the background on mobile instead of the video.

This should all happen by default.

It’s hard for me to tell what’s going on with that screenshot – is there any way you can link me to the page?

Let me know 🙂

Adam Zátopek

Hi Tom,
    Could i send to your email?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.