[Support request] Video Background

Home Forums Support Video Background

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Xavier

Hello,

Is there any way to put a video background in the body of a entry or a page, or in the page header but not from the beggining of the site header (for instance below the menu items) as it seems to be th only way by the “Merge with site header” option?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Xavier

GP Premium 1.2.96
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You could try manually adding your video background into the area you need it: https://slicejack.com/fullscreen-html5-video-background-css/

Xavier

Thank you Tom for your quick answer!!

The post link you attached mentioned the way to use full screen video on th back ground, but what about having a video background of an smaller and specific dimension?

Thanks again for your help!

Xavier

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You can try to edit the CSS that link provided from width: 100%; to something like max-width: 500px;

If this doesn’t work are you able to provide a link to your site so we can see what you have so far?

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Video backgrounds are typically meant to cover the containing area where they appear (usually full screen, full section etc..). Might be difficult to force it to only cover one specific area.

Xavier

Many thansk Leo amb Tom for your answers.

I Tried to use the html and css of the link but It does not work.

What I would like to do is to use the video background just below the menu item in the site, because the video background in the header does not hace a clean image of the items of the menu. That’s what i tried to do by purchasing the GP them because in the demo videos It was clear that it was easyly configurable an adaptable, and I do not know if here is any trick to achieve what I am lookin for with the GP theme.

Now I am making the first tries in a “testing” site for my new company website. I can send you the link in a private message if you would like to take a look to what I mean.

Thanks for your help

Xavier

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Xavier,

Sure, send your site using the account issue form: https://generatepress.com/contact/

Also, a link to an example of what you’re trying to do would help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.