[Resolved] Very slow load time on my checkout pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Very slow load time on my checkout pages

Home Forums Support Very slow load time on my checkout pages

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Norman

Hello,

I’m getting slow load times on my checkout pages, and my host is saying it looks like there may be some theme issues with my recent update to PHP 7.4?

Example checkout page load time is about 11-15 seconds:
    https://churchletters.org/cl-buygold?b_id=c75a2b

Here’s their message to me:
    I just checked and the best advice at this time would be to review the site’s configuration with your developer. It seems that in this specific page (checkout), there are some syntax errors, as you can see in the following logs:

[09-Jul-2020 17:58:16 America/Los_Angeles] WordPress database error Column ‘checkout_page’ cannot be null for query INSERT INTO `wp_mvefqr_smartpaycart_an
    alytics_checkout(b_id,checkout_page,visits,clicks,conversions,upsell,yes,no,yes_url,no_url,date,ipaddress,source`)
    VALUES (‘c525fb’, NULL, ‘1’, ‘0’, ‘0’, ‘0’, ‘0’, ‘-‘, ”, ‘-‘, ‘2020-07-09’, ‘46.229.168.140’, ‘default’) made by require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_o
    nce(‘wp-includes/template-loader.php’), include(‘/themes/generatepress/page.php’), get_template_part, locate_template, load_template, require(‘/themes/gen
    eratepress/content-page.php’), the_content, apply_filters(‘the_content’), WP_Hook->apply_filters, do_shortcode, preg_replace_callback, do_shortcode_tag, s
    pcShortcode, eval, smartpc_doStats

And

[10-Jul-2020 02:59:32 America/Los_Angeles] WordPress database error Column ‘checkout_page’ cannot be null for query INSERT INTO wp_mvefqr_smartpaycart_analytics_checkout (b_id, checkout_page, visits, clicks, conversions, upsell, yes, no, yes_url, no_url, date, ipaddress, source) VALUES (‘dd3b5a’, NULL, ‘1’, ‘0’, ‘0’, ‘0’, ‘0’, ‘-‘, ”, ‘-‘, ‘2020-07-10’, ‘46.229.168.151’, ‘default’) made by require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-includes/template-loader.php’), include(‘/themes/generatepress/page.php’), get_template_part, locate_template, load_template, require(‘/themes/generatepress/content-page.php’), the_content, apply_filters(‘the_content’), WP_Hook->apply_filters, do_shortcode, preg_replace_callback, do_shortcode_tag, spcShortcode, eval, smartpc_doStats

Of course, upgrading your RAM will definitely improve your performance, but the main focus for this specific issue with your checkout pages are the logs shown above.

10:20:54 PM
    This usually happens if you update your PHP version.

That could be the source of the issue. Some functions are deprecated or modified with each update, causing these type of errors.
    10:23:13 PM
    You might also want to review this with the theme’s creator (GeneratePress).

Norman
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I don’t think this is a theme issue – GP doesn’t control how the checkout page works at all.

Do you get the same issue with all plugins disabled?

What happens if you temporarily activate a twenty series WP theme? Does the load time improves?

Norman

Hi Leo,

Yes, I’ve received confirmation from the plugin developer that it’s most likely an issue they need to fix.

Thank you, and feel free to delete this thread.

Norman

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.