[Support request] Vertically align Font Awesome Icons in Menu

Home Forums Support [Support request] Vertically align Font Awesome Icons in Menu

Home Forums Support Vertically align Font Awesome Icons in Menu

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    drumelie

I would like to vertically align the Font Awesome icons showing on the secondary menu at the top (Facebook and phone icons). I changed their size but now they are slightly offset and appearing slightly higher than the other menu items. Can anyone help me fix this?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Instead of your current CSS to change the size, try this:

.secondary-navigation .main-nav ul li.ctm-menu-icon-lone a {
        font-size: 20px;
    }
    drumelie

Thank you, that worked great for the Facebook icon. But I am still having issues with the phone icon, which is part of the ‘a’ tag that also includes the phone number. I want just the icon to be larger, not the phone number. Is there a way to do this without the icon shifting up (off center)? Do I have to separate them into separate menu items in order to be able to target the ‘a’ tag instead of the ‘i’ tag with my CSS?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm it is trickier if you only want to make the icon bigger.

Might have to just add some top padding to the icon itself.

Are you wanting the whole thing to be a link?

drumelie

No, just static text. I can put the icon as a separate item. It won’t hurt anything. Thank you for your help.

But I had another question about Font Awesome. The codes that are referenced on their site starting with ‘fas’ do not work. If I change it to ‘fa’ it works. Is this because GP does not support FA 5 yet?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yup exactly ๐Ÿ™‚ We are in the process of upgrading to FA5 ๐Ÿ™‚

It hasn’t been easy but we will get it done!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.