[Resolved] V 2.0 installed, but how to update to Premium

Home Forums Support [Resolved] V 2.0 installed, but how to update to Premium

Home Forums Support V 2.0 installed, but how to update to Premium

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    John

I had the Free version installed on a site and saw the update to 2.0 without thinking that I had already purchased the Premium version. The Premium version is only v1.5.6 and I cannot install the update to Premium. I get errors that the install failed. How can I install the Premium version correctly? Thank You!

Textdriven

The plugin to enable premium features and the theme are two separate things.

Everyone who has updated will be running the theme on version 2.0 along side the plugin on 1.5.6.

Micah

Having just got on board recently (black friday sale) I was a bit confused by the email for v2.0, when I logged in to see only a download for 1.5.6. Yes I realize the theme and plugin are different, just saying that it might cause a little extra unneeded confusion for new users like myself initially.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi all,

Yes the current version of the theme is 2.0 and premium plugin is 1.5.6. ๐Ÿ™‚

You can always confirm this here: https://generatepress.com/category/development/

John

Thanks, everyone. As I stated in the beginning, I’m new to the GeneratePress thing and totally had forgotten that the GeneratePress and the Premium Add-on are 2 very different things. The first is the theme itself and second is a plug-in. Maybe this thread will let other newbies learn from my error.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem!

It’s a bit confusing when I first started as well ๐Ÿ™‚

John

Perhaps naming the Premium something like GeneratePress Premium “Plugin” would help clarify the confusion. I’m not sure what I’m suggesting, but just a thought.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.