[Resolved] Using the Child Theme

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Using the Child Theme

Home Forums Support Using the Child Theme

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Terry

I had done some customizing of my Events Calendar pages… so in accordance with their instructions, I created a new folder in my theme to house the files in question. After updating to the latest version of GP, I noticed that I lost all of those changes. ๐Ÿ™

So I did some investigating here and see that you offer a child theme zip file, so I downloaded it and installed it on my server. I thought I read in one forum thread that GP would automatically grab the styles, etc., but I saw that the menu wasn’t assigned, and the header image/logo is also missing after activating the new child theme. Am I going to have to transfer over all of the settings from the main GP theme to use the child theme (i.e., fonts, colors, etc.)?

Thanks,

Terry

Terry

It looks like most of the settings are still there. (For anyone who follows this, the copyright text also had to be re-added to the child theme. So far, that looks like it, but I’ll have to run through all the pages to see if it affected anything else.)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Menu items are theme specific, so you have to re-set your Theme Location after switching themes.

Recently, the WP.org theme repo made it mandatory for the logo to be theme specific as well, so it looks like you need to re-set now too.

I’ll see if I can find a solution that allows GP to share these settings with the child theme.

The only three things this will mess with are the menu items, the logo and the copyright.

Terry

Thanks for verifying that for me, Tom – that’ll save me a bit of time!

Appreciate the speedy response.

Terry

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.