[Support request] Using style.css from child theme

Home Forums Support [Support request] Using style.css from child theme

Home Forums Support Using style.css from child theme

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Deepak

Hello,

I am little choosy with themes and use alot of custom CSS to make sure the website is as per my requirement. Now I am almost done with the customization of generatepress 3.0 on my staging site.

Currently I have added all the custom CSS using the customizer and now I want to move all these CSS to style.css from the child theme.

But then I observed two problems
    1. The additional CSS customizer doesn’t recognize the CSS from style.css as those changes are not reflecting when I use Appearance -> Customize
    2. When I check the page itself, most of the changes are visible but many are not.

So how do I fix this?
    I assume customizer works because it adds all the CSS inline to the HTML but that will just bloat the html page and I don’t want that.

Is there a way to use style.css for all my custom CSS? and also customizer should show the css from style.css

Regards
    Deepak

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not sure if I fully understand.

The CSS added in the child theme’s style.css will not show in the Additional CSS field in the customizer as they are not linked. This isn’t something the theme can control – just how WordPress child theme/customizer works.

Are you saying that some of CSS code works in the Additional CSS field but not in the child theme? In that case you would need to right click on the element and determine why the CSS isn’t working. Perhaps it’s being overwritten by something else.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.