[Resolved] Using one menu to change the other menu (example: language)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Using one menu to change the other menu (example: language)

Home Forums Support Using one menu to change the other menu (example: language)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jens

I have a website that I want to setup in a few languages, for now I try not to use a plugin. I got GP Premium.

Example, I have 3 languages as sort of a menu, default is English. When I click i.e. German then i.e. Contact should change to Kontakt.

I think WordPress can’t do that out of the box. I did a sample page where I put links inside the Page. But I see some trouble coming up with different screen sizes, mobiles etc.

I used the Polylang plugin on another website, it does change (even the same) menu. Having all in one menu is fine too (maybe even better). Worst case I use that, other plugin ideas are welcome too.

Note that I don’t need a plugin that does any automatic translation, I do that all manually.
    Suggestions are welcome!

Example

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

A plugin is needed for something like this as far as I understand.

Polylang and WPML is usually what we recommend.

jens

I did some more intensive research the last 10 Minutes and think that the “Conditional Menus” plugin by Themify may do the job as required. I will that a try, fallback would be Polylang.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    jens

The “Conditional Menus” plugin works perfectly for switching languages. Can’t be more happy.

I did add the “add categories to pages” plugin though for easier grouping.

Still not much here, but the skeleton menu works fine.

https://parodont-hk.com/

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.