[Support request] Using multiple hyperlink styles

Home Forums Support [Support request] Using multiple hyperlink styles

Home Forums Support Using multiple hyperlink styles

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David

Hi,

I’d like to use different styles for hyperlinks across my site–one style for links appearing in the body of text and another style for article headers. The default link style works fine for inline text links, but when I link to an article title it overrides the header style–applying the standard link formatting instead. Can I define multiple link styles? How else can I link from header text without applying the standard link formatting?

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can use the private information field.

Let me know 🙂

David

The site isn’t published. Is there a way to create alternative formatting for links?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

Providing assistance is pretty tough if we can’t see what you’re working on. Any chance you can link us to atleast, a dev or staging site?

But to try to answer the question: You can definitely do this w/ custom CSS.

If you want all links on the page to have the same style you simply use something like this:

body a{
    /* your style here */
    }

If you want to style something specific like blog post list title link you can try this:

.entry-title a{
    /* your style here */
    }

Note: These are just examples. We can’t really determine which CSS selectors to be used for your site specifically as we’ve yet to inspect your site.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.