[Resolved] Using GP Premium + WP Show Posts: How to reduce H1 size for full post display?

Home Forums Support Using GP Premium + WP Show Posts: How to reduce H1 size for full post display?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gidget Hall

Hello friends,
    I’m using WP Show Posts with Cards (base style) in columns (2) for my dedicated blog page. I have the formatting for that page figured out thanks to searching support on the Show Posts forum.

Here is my challenge: when I click to open one of the posts to read the full post in a new page, the H1 font size I have set in the Typography customize is far larger than looks good (to me) on a blog post title. I also use “normal” weight on my H1 tags elsewhere but would like the blog post titles to be bold.

I added the following to Simple CSS on a test blog post (in my stage environment) and successfully adjusted the size and weight of the H1 font:

.single h1.entry-title {
    font-size: 30px;
    font-weight: bold;
    }

I thought, “hurrah!” But of course it only changes the H1 on THAT particular blog post. Other than copy/pasting that CSS into every single post, is there a more systemic approach that I can attempt?

If I adjust the H1 size/weight overall in Typography, the rest of my site’s static pages suffer in appearance.

Thanks so much for any guidance you can provide.

PS – I can attach screenshots if helpful.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can use this CSS to apply it to all single posts:

.single-post h1 {
        font-size: 24px;
        font-weight: 700;
    }

We’re looking at adding separate styling controls for post titles in a future update.

Gidget Hall

Thank you, David! That worked like a charm. Very much appreciated.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.