[Resolved] Using gp hamburger mobile icon on 3rd party menu but disable gp menu

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Using gp hamburger mobile icon on 3rd party menu but disable gp menu

Home Forums Support Using gp hamburger mobile icon on 3rd party menu but disable gp menu

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Fredrik

Hi, first time poster. Been reading a billion topics about the mobile menu here but I can’t find this and now I’m loosing hope as I just get more confused by the hour.

I have the following hope (and question)..
    – I use GP simple mega menu on desktop mode which is working fine.
    – On mobile I’d like to have 3rd party plugin Superfly menu and have that installed.

I’d like to use the GP mobile hamburger button (as it looks and are placed) but instead of opening gp (mobile) menu it should open superfly.
    In superfly I can add “ADDITIONAL ELEMENT TO TOGGLE MENU – Enter valid CSS selector like #id or .class.” and after searching I found that ‘button.menu-toggle’ is trigging the menu and entered that. However, now it trigger both gp and superfly in some wierd way.
    Is there anyway I can shutdown the gp menu functionality so only superfly is opening? Or maybe use some other css class in combination with gp settings in customizer..?

As you can see I’m quite a newbie on GP and any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Fredrik,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can use the private information field.
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Let me know 🙂

Fredrik

Absolutely! Please see below. Thank you in advance.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you turn on the superfly menu on mobile so I can take a look at the code when both menus are activated?

Let me know 🙂

Fredrik

Well, it is actually active. See attached for what I see when checking chrome tools. But randomly when surfing the site it is the gp menu that is triggered. Not using any caché on this install either as it’s development.
    So that’s why I wonder if I can “shut off” the gp standard mobile menu that comes.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Give this CSS a try:

div#mobile-menu {
        display: none !important;
    }

Let me know if it works.

Fredrik

It looks like it’s working. BIG thanks!! Quick and outstanding support.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.