[Resolved] Using custom image for header

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Using custom image for header

Home Forums Support Using custom image for header

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kris Fassa

I used the blog page header add on to have a transparent header title, but I can’t get my navigation to go below the header anymore. I would also like all my navigation links to use the same header/template as the home page and get rid of the redundant category header “fitness” etc., so only the link and listed content changes when you move to different pages. Finally, I was also wondering about changing the transparency of my content boxes for the excerpt post listings on all may pages and making the text white. Here is my site: http://www.modernrenegade.com

sorry for so many questions!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Kris,

Why not add your header image on all pages through “Appearance > Customizer > Header Content”.

Then you can move your navigation above your header in the Customizer under the “Layout” tab.

To hide the category names, you can add this CSS:

.archive .page-header {
          display: none;
    }

Let me know if you need more info πŸ™‚

Kris Fassa

Thank you for your reply! Do I add that code in the GP hooks? Tried most of them and didn’t work. Also, I wish to have a transparent background, and I don’t see that as an option for bg color on the header content customizer.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can use the plugin in my signature below to add that CSS πŸ™‚

To choose a transparent color, simply remove the color and leave it blank.

Kris Fassa

Works like a charm, thanks! That plug in is pretty sweet!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help πŸ™‚

Bryn

Is there a way to add a custom header to categories that doesn’t appear behind the site title? I want to add it just like it is on the other standard pages.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I just answered that question here: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/flip-menu-and-page-header/#post-143766

You would have to use some PHP in the GP Hooks add-on.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.