[Resolved] Using 1 Elements block per page – am I missing something here?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Using 1 Elements block per page – am I missing something here?

Home Forums Support Using 1 Elements block per page – am I missing something here?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bill

I am using Elements blocks to place hero images with 1 Elements block serving 1 or so pages so there is some variety in the hero images. Positioning the page-hero h1 and the menu / logo was tough when any change meant changing the top / bottom padding values for each Elements block so I added the following css for each @media section, which seems to work.

.page-hero {
    padding-top: calc(5% + 100px) !important;
    padding-bottom: 10% !important;
    }

Question: Is this how the Elements blocks are supposed to be used? I know the theme used 1 Elements block for the homepage, 1 for all static pages and 1 for all posts. I am wondering if there was a simpler solution using page featured image as a hero image perhaps.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can use the private information field.

Let me know 🙂

Bill

Hi Leo

The link etc is below in the private info block. The site is not live yet but is complete – I just need to action an SEO sweep then I am done. If there are lessons that I can learn from this GP site before moving onto the next then now would be a great time to learn those lessons.

Thanks

Bill

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I am wondering if there was a simpler solution using page featured image as a hero image perhaps.

Is the Featured image option what you are looking for?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/how-to-create-a-page-hero/#step-2-choose-a-background

Bill

Thanks Leo – I had not seen the featured image option. For the future I should be able to use 1 Elements block to cover the whole site.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.