[Support request] [Urgent] Modify Header Error

Home Forums Support [Support request] [Urgent] Modify Header Error

Home Forums Support [Urgent] Modify Header Error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jm1991

Hi there,

I apparently have an error within my db-error.php file in the wp-content directory. See the link I’ve added. I case the page works, you can see a screenshot of it here https://imgur.com/O6eBZou

The page seems to work one moment and brake the next. What’s strange is the content on the page is linked to Bluehost, who are my previous hosting provider. Siteground migrated me to their platform last May and I haven’t had any issues like this and they’re claiming it’s nothing to do with them.

I’ve purged my cache and deleted the last Plugin that I updated, but that hasn’t changed anything.

I haven’t touched any of the PHP files, so I’m wondering if this has something to do with the GeneratePress?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The error likely isn’t in that file. It’s likely coming from a plugin or custom function you’ve added (it’s not GeneratePress).

Your error_log file likely has more information that will point you in the right direction. Typically, your hosting support should be able to pinpoint the issue and help you fix it.

jm1991

Hmm, the only functions I’ve added were quite literally months ago using the Code Snippets tool to:

1) Deactivate GeneratePress Structured Data
    2) Add Last Modified Date

But this was 8 months ago and I’ve not had any issues.

jm1991

I’ve deactivated that plugin now and the page seems to be working, but it was working and then braking before, so I’ll monitor.

But if it that plugin, then other people could be having the same issue. I took the code from this site and the support docs.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If it was the Code Snippets plugin, it’s likely there was an error in one of the snippets that were added. It’s possible that it was conflicting with other code on your site that was recently added.

Glad you got it sorted 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.