[Resolved] Upgrading WP and Changing to GeneratePress at the same time?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Upgrading WP and Changing to GeneratePress at the same time?

Home Forums Support Upgrading WP and Changing to GeneratePress at the same time?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Carol Jones

I am working on redoing a site that has 6 years of content (this site was built using Genesis and a child theme which I never understood anyway). Mainly it is just posts and thousands of images using Imagely/NextGEN galleries for the most part. I have been using GP for several years on two other websites that use GP child themes. I have kept my sites quite basic and now am in shock over the new Elements feature which I think is great but I have to learn. (I’ve been watching all the videos.) I have never used Hooks and Page Headers so there is nothing to migrate which I think is good. I will have some questions soon/later once I ferret out the new videos and documentation from the old that I’m used to, but before that could you advise me if you think it’s a good idea, since everything is new and different anyway, to go ahead and upgrade to WP5 and learn everything all at once? Do you like WP5?

I have loved GeneratePress in the past and hope I continue to in the future, and thank you for your opinion(s),

Carol

http://www.mainefiberfolio.com is the current live site (not GP), the one in the box below is the development site but the only thing that half works is the blog page and the category menu pages.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Personally I like WP5 and Gutenberg editor.

It definitely takes some time to get used to but I find it better than the classic editor before.

Definitely a good idea to start learning!

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Carol Jones

Now a year and a half later I did it. I’m happy with it. I now have 6 websites using GP and WP, Four of them are on WP 5. All is well…was well until the problem I’m going to ask about soon.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.